Saturday, July 01, 2006

heree comes the rain again



Well, this year the rainy season hasn't been sooo bad (so far knock on wood) but it's definately been cloudy or rainy most days. The other day, when it was sunny was a reminder of summer weather and it's going to be soooo hot! I'm already sleeping in my shorts and t-shirt type of pyjamas, with the windows wide open and barely any blanket. Last night when I was talking to 2 of my (older) women students they told me that they are cold at night without a long sleeved shirt. Hmmm. I am always cold in the winter and always too hot in the summer. They don't know what to make of me!
One by product of the rain is these beautiful hydrangea. They have been popping up for the last 3 weeks or so. I love the ones that are this bluey purpley colour. I have seen others that are reddish pink or white. Got to cut this short for now.

And oh yeah HAPPY CANADA DAY!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Hi Sheri and thanks for your good wishes.

Beautiful flowers. I remember something about adding minerals to the soil to change their color. We had a lot of them back home in NY. Don't see so many out here though.

Caro said...

Granny is right. If your soil is acidic, they are one color and if it is basic then it is the other. Either pink or blue. How neat.

Happy Canada Day to you too!