Hi Sheri, I finally had a chance to sit down and come up with a list. It's not as good as yours, but it's late... Please feel free to delete this post as I'm not sure if you wanted it as a comment or as a post.
Sheri's request - C is for Caro!
In no particular order, my top ten "C"s for the evening...
1. Crafts - I love cross stitching and making cards. Even though I'm not that great, it makes me feel a bit creative and lets me use a different side of my brain. I'm hoping by the time Ella needs Halloween costumes, I'll be up to the challenge!!
2. Cute - this word is the first one which comes to mind when I see my daughter. She is my little cherub and it's hard to keep my eyes and camera off of her! She is so amazing - I find everything about her cute. Can you believe that I actually heard myself calling my husband over to admire her cute little turd one day? Hmmm, maybe I need to get out in public more...
3. Cat - this one's easy - our crazy cat is a definite member of our household. He's not sweet like Lizzie, but he sure has a great deal of character!
4. Comments - I love looking on Miss Ella's blog and finding a comment from someone. It lets me know that people are enjoying the pictures etc. I had to also install a counter to make sure I wasn't just posting for my own enjoyment!
5. Computer - without this invention, I probably would have lost track of Sheri and Danielle years ago. Both are army brats who were in my life physically for a short time long ago, but have been able to remain close even across oceans and countries. It's hard to believe that Sheri left Calgary in 1986 I believe. That's 20 years ago. Holy crap!!! We're old!!!
6. Cheerful - I try as hard as I can to be this way because I hope that if I'm pleasant to someone it might make their day a little less nasty. Although, my husband may disagree that I'm cheerful... Hmmm, he gets me at home... I try though!!!
7. Cherish - I don't think I knew what this word really meant until I had my daughter. It's hard to believe how much joy she has brought to me, my David, my parents and friends. I cherish all my moments with her. I have been so lucky to have this first year of her life away from work.
8. Cuddles - I love when my little girl snuggles up and cuddles with me when she goes for a little nap. Can't wait until she's older and we can cuddle together on the couch and watch some silly cartoons.
9. Cool sheets - mmm - it's been a hot summer so far in Calgary. Not anywhere near as hot in Japan I'm sure, but it's been fairly warm here. We decided to bite the bullet this year and get Central Air Conditioning. I can't believe how much we love it. Instead of our bedroom being 29 degrees Celsius when we go to bed, it's a lovely cool 22... Don't worry, we got the environmentally friendly A/C. I know, it's still evil, but at least we don't go all batty because we haven't had a decent sleep in weeks! Besides, I have a hybrid car - that has to count for something right?
10. Calm - Everytime I turn on the news, I am reminded how lucky I am to live in a country like Canada in Calgary in a quiet suburb at the top of a cul-de-sac. How nice it is to fall asleep to the sound of frogs ribbitting at night and then waking up to the sound of birds in the morning. I doubt I would have a beautiful list like this to share if I lived in a different part of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Caro, nice list! Thanks for putting it here and sharing! I think little Miss E is pretty cute, too.
Sorry if I intruded on your blog... You asked if I was working yet - NO thank goodness! I have until Sept 5th. David is off with me right now so we've just been hanging out and doing little road trips. Ella was not concerned about the flight - these were her 5th and 6th ones! Plus, it was only an hour flight - how nice is that?
Caro!
Post a Comment