Or would have been if these guys could talk…
"I've gotta find a way to get outta here," she said.
"Mmm, okay, whatever," he said.
So my son is keeping 2 rhinocerous beetles as pets. He got them from his cousin, and he likes having them primarily because he gets to feed them their special jelly (at least that’s what I think)
Anyway, I actually thought we just got one, then last week late on Saturday night hubby heard a noise as he was the only one up late at night (watching World Cup). He said that it sounded like an insect walking around (they are BIG). The next day he was searching the area for an insect. I saw the one insect in the cage so I didn’t think much of it. Then later my MIL said that the female beetle had disappeared. I was thinking ‘the female’? We had more than one? Then I was thinking about how smart that beetle was to wait until the dead of night, make her plans to escape, and the get away! Yea! You go girl! I was so impressed by her escape, really I thought about how clever she was. (All along thinking I hope I don’t step on her~big crunch I would guess!)
So I was pretty impressed all day Sunday, thinking she crawled out of her cage, waited for her chance and got out the door when one of us opened the door. (The cage was in the genkan, or the area near the door.)
This feeling lasted until Sunday night when hubby found her, crawling up my son’s bicycle tire (also kept in the genkan).
I was so disappointed. It’s a little weird, I guess. I wasn’t too happy about keeping 2 big bugs in a small cage (even tho they are bugs I still feel sorry for them) but my MIL went out and bought a bigger cage and jelly to feed them. They have a little more space now and at least there’s two of them, so I feel a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment