I am at work again, killing time until I can go home…Good attitude, eh? But I am very happy that my shuffle can be used as a memory stick and therefore I can do this at work-doing what I want to do while looking busy-bonus!
There are no students at the school today, and I think tomorrow, too, but summer vacation doesn’t start until Wednesday, so here I am. I am feeling a little sick to my stomach as I had a medical check up today and therefore couldn’t eat this morning. I guess missing breakfast threw me off or something. All of the city employees can get a medical check this week. What you get checked depends on your age-the younger you are, the less you get checked. I just had to give a urine sample, got my blood pressure measured, some sort of heart check, and a blood test. As you get older, you also get to drink barium and have some sort of stomach check (as well as give a stool sample), and I think there’s a hearing test, too.
The urine sample here is different in that you have to do it at home and bring it with you, so you can imagine the cup thing doesn’t work well. But they give you a cup and a little bottle, so you pee in the cup and then squeeze the bottle to get it filled up. (Too much information?)
The heart check was a totally new experience for me when I started working here (this was my third one). First, the women get checked in a separate room than the men. Women go in this little room and have to take off pantyhose or long socks if they are wearing them. I don’t know if you’re supposed to take off your bra or not, the nurse type of person said if you can just lift it out of the way, it’s not a problem. Then, when it’s your turn, you go behind the partition and they hook up your ankles and wrists to some sort of machine, and then put some type of suction cup type things around your heart. I think I was lying there for about a minute? Easy.
The blood test is the usual. Every year I get the results back and it says that I don’t have enough neutral fat in my blood? In my body? I haven’t figured out what exactly that means. Apparently it comes from not eating enough meat or something like that. I’m wondering if it will be different this year as this is the first year that I have had it since I stopped breastfeeding. (Again, too much info?) No idea if there is a correlation or not. I guess I will find out.
Anyway, enough for now, I guess. I need something to write about tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment