Well, Hiroki and I went to picnic on Sunday. We were invited there by someone I met through the internet. (Hi Jean!) And we got to meet other families with non-Japanese parents. And I got to meet Andrea, whose blog I always read. (Hi Andrea!) It was pretty cool! It was a beautiful day and so nice to talk to people in English. I was thinking that it had been a long time since I talked to people in
English, but I do have a meeting with the other ALTs in my district once a week (which is really nice-it let's all of us blow off some steam.) Also, I met some people on an international thing-but it was different-they were younger than I am with no kids, and hadn't been in Japan long, so they were telling the Japanese people we were with about themselves and their lives in the States. I remember being like that, too. But now this time I felt like the Japanese people we were with probably already knew most of the stuff they were talking about (ie-differences in culture etc) and didn't contribute much to the conversation. On Sunday, the conversation was more about stuff I am thinking about, like putting kids into daycare and child-rearing type of stuff. It was great!
The other ALTs and I are waiting to find out where we'll be teaching in April. We'll most likely be changing schools (but don't know for sure) and I find it really annoying. I don't like the idea that we have to get transferred but it's quite a common thing here so I suppose I should get used to it. The most annoying thing for me is that they have already decided but their not letting us know yet because...? I think they are just trying to show us that they have some control over us, personally. I feel they are just being mean. I can't think of any other reason not to tell us. THe students shouldn't know yet, I understand that, but otherr teachers are starting to find out where they are going, so ???!! Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens. (Though I think that I am already at the best school, so I'm not really looking forward to a change.) Have a good day/ night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You too. It's late Monday afternoon at the moment.
A small group of us bloggers who have never met are planning a pot luck in San Francisco later this month.
Wish you and Andrea were close enough to join in.
One of them is L. who used to live in Japan and now lives in S. F.
granny-that sounds like fun! I wish I could go, too!
Why cant it wait another two months granny!!!
Or we will just have to have another one!
humpf
It was great wasnt it Sheri, felt like home is a strange kind of way.
I totally enjoyed and it was great meeting you, Andrea!
Thanks a lot for coming on Sunday, Sheri, and I thought your hair looked fine!!! I had 'downlights' put in mine last summer -- they were PINK!!!! Now that was a shocker.
Post a Comment