Wednesday, March 15, 2006

another cold morning

It was almost 5 this morning when I got up. I have to make myself a lunch for the rest of this week. Yuck.
The heater said 7 degrees this morning when I turned it on. I hope that it's going to get warmer this week. The kids have a graduation ceremony in the gym on Friday. The gym is amazing to me-the coldest place in the school in the winter and the hottest in the summer. No idea how that can be, but it is true.
Last week at our weekly meeting (ALT/foreigners) I thinkI was given a strong hint as to where I will be teaching next year. If it's true, I wonder about who I'll be teaching with. One of the teachers was at my school the first year I was here. She's, um, challenging to work with. I think her mental balance is a little off. I told one of the other teachers last year that she wasn't talking to me. He said something like,"How do you know?" and my answer was-she doesn't talk to me! But at least I know to expect this year. I was thinking the worst case would be the male teacher who I am teaching with now (and quite uncomfortable with-he was talking about me and the way I teach in front of all of the other Japanese teachers-I think if he had a problem he should have talked to me first)gets moved to that school and I end up teaching with the same 2 teachers I started with. But I don't think it will happen as he has kids that will be going to that school soon, so they generally don't do that. (Going to be teaching his kids though)
Anyway, time to stop fooling around and get my lunch made!
Have a good day/night!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

wonderful pics!!!
your gym sounds like my office. I actually carry a blanket around.
good luck with the new posting

Granny said...

Hi Sheri

Belated thanks for your comment on granny. We had a great time.

jean said...

Good luck with the new school year. Hope you have lots of time to relax this spring vacation.