Monday, August 11, 2008

Well, here I am again. I had a pretty good day yesterday and looking forward to today, too. Yesterday I went out in the morning for a coffee with my friend. Alone. We had a good chance to chat for a while. We work at the same school-she at the high school, me at the junior high school. She is also married to a Japanese man. Yes, lots to talk about.
After we met, I bought myself a lunchbox. I have been using the free one we got from a car dealership when we went to look at cars. It's too small, so I have to pack it and then 2 or 3 more little tupperware to get enough for lunch. Hopefully this will make things simpler. (plus it just looks a lot better!)

Can you tell which is the new one?!

After lunch, I went to the post office and finally handed in my application to take the Japanese test in December. The testing group really wants you to make sure that you want to the test, I think. First you have to write the application form, then get a passport sized picture to glue on to the application. Then you have to go to the post office to pay the 5,500 yen test fee (plus the 125 yen handling fee), putting the receipt in the envelope to show you have paid. Then you have to send it all by certified mail (another 210 yen). I hope it will make me study harder, knowing how much money I spent on this!
Today we are meeting friends at a pool in the morning, spending most of the day with them. In the afternoon a couple of Hiroki's cousins are coming to sleep here-he'll have lots of fun and hopefully I'll get some time to study!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Gina said...

What a cute obento box!!! : )