Sunday, March 25, 2007

tagged

I got tagged by Andrea (I miss you too!)-the topic-being a Real Mom. (Oh dear, I just read the rules(?) and it said that I'm to pick one thing that makes a real mom. post a pic, and tag 5 people) but that's not the way I did it. Oops!) Since I am a child of the 80s and also used to enjoy watching Letterman, the top ten format always comes to mind. So here's my top 5 list of what makes a real mom:
5) Conversations about various bodily fluids any time anywhere (including dinner table) -puke, poop, snot, etc do not bother you in the slightest.
4) When asked what book you are reading/like, you either a) can't remember because it has been so long since you picked up a book (read? who has time for that?) or b) can think of plenty of kids books that you like but you don't really want to admit that you aren't reading any adult books now. (BTW, I really love the illustrations in this book)
and in the same vein (vain?)
3) You can't remember the last time you were in a movie theatre to watch a movie made for adults
2) When you do lots of little things to make your kid feel special-giving extra big hugs, giving little treats, sending your kids who live in another country care packages, helping them to get tickets to fly home (thanks Mom!) .
And the number 1 thing that makes you a real mom is-
"Because I say so!" makes so much sense to you now.

Now I'm going to tag Caro, Tigermama, Gina, Lily, and Marianne. I know that all of you are busy and therefore I am not holding my breath for your replies, but if you have a chance...

Also, one more thing-I haven't been leaving comments on anyone else's blog because blogger won't accept my password. Does everyone hae to type their password to leave a comment?! I am geting really annoyed by it all.
Love to you all.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

ugh lost my comment somehow.
basically I said that I LOVE THE TOP 5 cause I can so relate. lol.
and the book that Ji loves right now is "the little dandilion" and "5 little monkeys" She really loves the monkeys.

marianne said...

Thank you for the tag(honest!) and will get on to it soonish!

Caro said...

My number one mom quality that you inherit the moment you get pregnant is the ability to worry about anything and everything when it comes to your munchkin. No one can say that they don't! I think you could be the most laidback person in the world and once that egg implanted, you'd be a worry-filled mama. The trick is trying not to let it show. Looking casual about all the near-misses, falling, twisting etc. when all you want to do is put them in a snuggly attached to you until they're 30.

Caro said...

Sheri, I think the problem you may be having with the commenting is that you aren't using the correct email address when you sign-in. It used to be carolynl for me, now it's carolang@telus.net. Whatever email address you used to set up the new version of blogger and what you do to sign in to your blogger now.

Sheri said...

Thanks, Caro, finally got it straightened out!
You need a really big snugly if you want to attach a 25 year old to yourself!

Caro said...

Just think how amazingly strong my back would be (or crippled)

Glad you got your issues sorted out! Have a good day!

jean said...

Love your 'Top 5,' Sheri! I agree that 'Because I said so' are indeed, from this perspective, words to live by.