Well, here I am again. I still feel so busy even though I practically didn’t work last week. Last Sunday, Hiroki had a fever which just got worse on Monday, so I took the morning off to take him to the doctor. Like I said before, going to the dr’s here is a pain because of the no appointment system. And there is no way of knowing when his dr will arrive at the office (although I really can’t complain, because I think that she never goes home or has holidays, she goes to her hospital on her time off and people go there if they have an emergency-like a high fever in the middle of the night, etc) We went early and wrote his name on a list and still we were number 15. Anyway, the dr didn’t arrive till late (around 11 ish) and so I ended up not being able to take him in to see her. She gave him medicine for a cold, enough for 3 days. I worked in the afternoon and then taught my evening class.
Tuesday was a regular day work-wise, I went to school then I taught my evening class. Hiroki stayed at home cause he still had a fever.
Wednesday I took the day off to go get my driver’s license renewed. The first time you get it renewed here you have to be there for a couple of hours to watch a video and listen to a lecture. I had also heard that you have to do some sort of group work activity thing that I was NOT AT ALL looking forward to. This was something on my list of things to do before going to Canada. It was a pain because I had to take 2 trains and a bus to get there, and I was worried about doing it all alone, too. Anyway, I didn’t have any problems and the video and lecture were so very obvious that even if I didn’t understand much Japanese I would have been able to do it. The video showed us that drinking and driving is bad, not wearing your seat belt properly is bad (still no law to wear seat belts in the back seat, tho!), don’t speed, don’t use a cell phone and drive, etc. Really dumb. The video was 20 min and the rest of the time we got lecture about the new point system and if we do something that makes us lose points blah blah blah. The man giving the lecture was, as my dad used to say, drier than a popcorn fart. He kept going over the same thing-be careful at crosswalks, look both ways at crosswalks, don’t run out from crosswalks, etc. When he finished I had an awful headache.
Anyway, in the afternoon I met my friend for lunch and we went shopping. Then I went home, made dinner and went to teach my evening class. Hiroki stayed home all day because he still had a bit of a fever.
Thursday was a national holiday here. We didn’t end up doing anything special. Hiroki was still under the weather a little, and it was a little cold and rainy. No evening class. Yay.
Friday I ended up taking the day off again as Thursday night Hiroki was coughing so much that neither of us got much sleep. We went to the dr again. After lunch I went and got my haircut while he was sleeping. At night I taught my evening class.
Saturday I can’t even remember what we did, I guess nothing special.
Sunday Hiroki and I went to the library in the morning, and on the way home we stopped to play on some slides, walked to a grocery store、did some shopping, walked to a toy store and had a look, managed to leave with no crying (and no toys), Walked about 2 kms, no problem for me but I was amazed that Hiroki could do it. Ate lunch and Hiroki had a nap. I made cookies, got some computer stuff done, felt very productive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Still not used to it-it was a week ago! Still don't like getting my hair cut!
Post a Comment