Monday, September 04, 2006

Not terribly impressed

Monday morning, got up early to exercise a little. Woke up Hiroki (like I always do) at 6:30 so we could be together a little before I left around 7:00. This is usual. He was not happy with me waking him up and he kept saying that he didn’t want to go to daycare, so what should we do (and on and on) I had to go, so when we were saying goodbye he started crying and calling me saying he wanted me to hold him (and he wouldn’t let go of my hand) I felt so bad but I had to go catch my train (had to run, actually). I also (foolishly) called to check that he was okay and then he started saying that he wants to be with me and where am I and when am I coming home, etc. He started crying again  Then I came to school and found out that at least 2 out of 3 of my classes are cancelled due to tests. I feel like it’s such a waste to be here when I could be spending time with him (but at least I get paid for being here) Poor guy. I know that he will be alright after he gets to daycare and starts playing with the other kids but it’s pretty hard to listen to him crying on the phone.
We had a good weekend, anyway. Hubby came home on Friday night and Hiroki was very happy to see him. They spent a little time together (very little as hubby has deadlines coming up) Yesterday Hiroki and I went to the library and got some books that he was very happy with. (I did, too) I was so surprised at the library- we have a limit of 3 cds/dvds. I found 2 cds that I wanted to take out and Hiroki found 2 dvds that he wanted. I told him we only were allowed 3, and I was thinking about which one I should put back (and am I going to remember where it is next time-can’t read the artist’s names very well, often pressed for time when I am looking for cds as Hiroki’s always saying that he wants to go and play with the toys in the library, etc) when Hiroki says that he will put one of his back. Wow! I was so impressed!


While we were at the library, I found a short story book that I had only read 1/2 of and wanted to finish so I was happy to see that again. In one of the stories there was a thought/idea that I liked. (The story was okay.) The main character in the story (I have to look up the name and the author) thought that there were 2 kinds of people in the world-Order people and Chaos people. It went on to say that the Japanese were Order people and they knew it (definitely!), the Americans (I assume he means North Americans) and the English are Chaos people who think they are Order people (again, I would have to agree.) and the French were the worst because they were Order people who thought they were Chaos people (no real first hand experience with that culture so ?) but I really liked that part of the story. I guess because I am still learning about the Order people here (there is sooo much to learn!)
The last week of summer vacation I took Hiroki to see a concert-it’s called Mommy and me. (my translation-the direct translation would be Together with Mommy) It’s a popular tv show that has a lot of songs and some weird looking monster type of characters (lots of weird looking characters in Japan) Anyway, Hiroki likes it a lot and I thought he would be happy to see it. (Maybe I wrote about getting tickets and how difficult that was?-we could only phone a special number 1 time from each phone line-we phoned from home, cell phone and hubby’s cell phone. My friend also phoned from her house, cell phone, and she got her friends to call. It’ s a lottery. Anyway, we won the right to buy tickets from only one of these phone calls!) We had really good seats, we were in the 16th row, right up front. Pretty good, especially when you consider that all of the tickets are the same price. He really enjoyed the concert although he was too shy to get up and dance. We had a great time.

Anyway, that’s it for now, I think.

2 comments:

illahee said...

congrats on tickets!! we watched some of the shows on TV during the summer break the show took (yes, embarassingly enough, i allow my one-year-old to watch TV!! LOL) it's popular, hey!

marianne said...

Have always had a secret fascination with these summer shows and no doubt in a year or two DD will be asking to go.She loves those freaky monsters,too..Glad your little guy had such a good time.