Yup, at work again. I have been really busy lately-therefore slack at updating. The kids at school are really busy-they have their sports day and culture/display/choir contest day coming up and so every spare moment the kids have is spent practicing for these big events. On top of all of that practicing, 9 students also had to practice for the English Speech contest which was held yesterday. (have I mentioned before how boring speech contests are?) My students did well, everyone finished their speeches. Some of the students give a speech and suddenly look up at the audience and freeze, forgetting their speeches and running through the whole speech in their mind to try and find the spot where they stopped. I feel really bad for them. I think anyone who participates in these contests do really well just getting up and speaking in another language in front of many people. I don’t think that I could have done it at their age. But the contest is extremely boring for me, and not many parents come to watch because a lot of them can’t understand the speeches.
I have been feeling very happy this week as I have finally decided to take my extremely generous parents up on their offer of flying me (and of course the little man) back to Canada. All I can say is I CAN’T WAIT!!! It’s been so long. (That and of course THANK YOU to my parents.
I have to go video my students who are doing a play in English for display day-I think next week should be a little calmer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When are you coming back? It would be neat if we could meet up, maybe you can come to Alberta to see Scott's baby??? It would be great to see you if you are around. I don't get any vacation until 2007, so if you're coming then - we could definitely plan something if you were in Vancouver or something? Let me know!!!
Caro
Post a Comment