Thursday, February 23, 2006

yummy

Well, I made us a yummy dessert tonight (if I do say so myself!) We had rice pudding. HMMMM! I haven't had it for about 3 years. I haven't made it since moving here as my MIL always had a puzzled look on her face whenever I mentioned it (rice, in a dessert? Huh?) But I decided to make it for my 3 lady students tomorrow night. They are quite a low level but everybody likes talking about food, and they do their best to talk in English whe we talk about food. So at the end of the month, I ask them to bring a recipe to share with everyone. Some of them are beyond their comprehension, so I sometimes bring samples. They've had perogies, pumpkin pie, a variety of cookies, and tomorrow night rice pudding. I hope they like it as much as I do!
I'm quite tired today and my throat is really sore from teaching. I taught around 135 elementary school kids today, all in grade 2. I had 4 consecutive classes. We were doing body parts, so we sang Head & Shoulders, played Simon Says, and then sang a couple more songs that I had taught them last year. It was really fun but my throat is paying for it now. They are pretty funny-every time I talked about singing a song with them, two or three of them would say, "I know this song." or "I've heard this song." and and I'm thinking all of you should know this song, I taught it to all of you last year? I can't believe how well some of them did with Simon Says. I was speaking pretty fast and they managed to keep up. It was great!
Going to turn in early tonight but I'll leave you with this- it explains alot to me about why there are so many weird looking people on tv /in magazines.

5 comments:

jean said...

Am interested to hear how you go with your rice pudding! Post an update! I tried it years ago but the reaction was one of utter horror - the combination of milk, rice, and sugar was a total no-go (mind you, I served it to men - women tend to be much more open to different foods!)

Granny said...

My mom used to make wonderful old fashioned rice pudding. Mine is never quite like I remember hers.

Recipe? Please?

Caro said...

The trend of plastic people is gross... I think it's interesting to see the actresses etc who are horrified by the airbrushing in magazines. No wonder there are so many eating disorders...

Perogyo said...

Recipe please!

That sounds like a great idea. How did your students like your perogies?

Granny said...

It's almost unanimous - recipe please?