Well, last night I was a wee bit tired at the end of a long day, I guess... This morning after a couple of hours of sleep (ok, 4 Hiroki got up earlier than I expected) I'm feeling a bit better.
The rainy season hasn't officially begun but it might as well have. We've had crappy weather all week. I think that the rainy season is supposed to begin next week...This is the time of year when we put stuff in the closets and drawers and anywhere, really, to keep them dry. The wallpaper on my closet doors are already wrinkling from the humidity. Last year a pair of my shoes got mouldy. We have to air them out when the weather is good.
This weather is hard on the laundry. We don't have a dryer, so hanging the clothes up in the morning to dry and leaving them out all day is the way we usually dry them. But as you'd expect, with 6 weeks of rainy weather, the clothes don't dry well. We end up going to the laundromat to dry them. Because we do the laundry every day here, it gets really to be a pain. I used to wonder what would happen if we didn't do the laundry every day, but I have realized that we have to do it every day as we run out of space to dry clothes. I'm not looking forard to the rainy season....Up until now it has been a little bit cool when it rains, but it's going to get hotter and it's just so yucky. It makes my hair go even weirder now, too. I have come to the realization that I have a wave/curl thing going on with my hair. Doesn't matter what I do or how much/little I style it, it pretty much ends up looking the same in the end. sigh
This computer is really pissing me off now, so I'm going to go for now. Love to all.
Oh yeah-Carolyn-no worries about boring me with baby stuff, I really want to hear how you're doing! I've been thinking about you and wondering how it's all going! xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good afternoon! You asked for it, here's some baby info. In Canada, you get a 12 week and 20 week ultrasound for medical reasons - the first one is to check for early chromosomal defects and the second is the routine one checking birth weight etc. I went to the 12 week one alone, but had David come with me to the 20 week because I thought it would be better. It was 4D which sounds more exciting... Well, it sucked, he was only in the room for about 20 seconds and it was not great - he saw nothing, no heartbeat, no bones, nothing... So, my doctor mentioned last appointment that there was a private clinic in Calgary which you could go to, but had to pay for. We looked into it and decided to go. Brought my mom too which was pretty exciting for her - in her day you didn't even get to hear the heartbeat! So, we ended up with this cool 26 minute DVD of the entire session. It has sound - so you can hear the heartbeat and the dialog of the tech and us as well. You can see her pointing out features etc so it was well worth it. Nice for David to see because he really missed out before. Since I'm 28 weeks, there were some neat things which were not visible before - like the baby practicing the movement of breathing with his/her diaphragm. Got to hear the sound of the blood flowing through the umbilical cord. All in all, worth the money. Well, gotta be off!
Take care! Caro
Post a Comment