I get so sick of the white bread here, and I am happy to eat some bread with some nutients in it, and I found this recipe in one of my magazines. Yay!
The only thing is it takes a long, long time to rise. But if you have lots of time, it's a great recipe.
You start with flour, water and a wee little bit of yeast. At first, you have to let it rise for about 12 hours or so. Then add more flour and water, I think, and put it in the fridge for about 3 days. Then add more flour and water again, and back into the fridge for another 3 days. After that, you have your starter dough. Take half of it out and let it rise for at least 12 hours. It looks like this.

Then add whole wheat flour and salt, knead and put into an oiled bowl for a couple of hours to let it rise.

After rising.

Make whatever shape you want,

and let it rise for another hour and a half before finally getting to cook them.

After that I usually add sesame seeds and then they are ready to go.

Done
5 comments:
That looks really yummy.
Ooooohhhhhhh. . . that looks so good! I miss rye/sour dour/whole wheat, nutty, grainy, chewy bread sooooo much! I was never a big bread eater till I came to Japan. Well, I'm not a big bread eater here, as I can't stand white fluffy wonderbread bread (i.e. Japanese bread) but now I CRAVE real bread and fantasize about devouring it. . .Your's looks so yummy!
Laura
loonnggg process but I admit - it looks really yummy.
Wish I could share a bite with you.
Here you are... lol I LOVE sour dough, I heard it has to be made depending on elevation? That is not true, is it?
You bread came out fabulously.
Great looking bread there! We went and bought a breadmaker.Best buy ever.And we must try some sour dough sometime.Yummy stuff!
Post a Comment