Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Of course holidays are really busy here, especially New Years as it is the most important holiday of the year. We have to clean the house as much as we can, basically do a once a year big clean up. Like all the windows have to be done, the bath room has to be de-molded, we change lots of things (the foil under the gas range we use for cooking, for example) Anyway, the list goes on and on. Needless to say I spent days doing this. And I didn't even do a lot compared to my mother-in-law who did stuff while I was at work. It was nice to get done, although there's still more for me to do. ;P
But we had Christmas. The boy, bless his innocent little heart, believes in Santa. This year was the first year we left cookies and milk for Santa.

Luckily the cookies were still there when the boy came bounding down the stairs at 12:30 am, excited that Christmas morning was here, until it was explained to him that Santa hadn't come yet...to which he happily asked if that means he gets to meet Santa. :)

He also wrote a letter to Santa to say thank you and to let him know that he could take the letter with him.

Unfortunately Mommy didn't really understand that he meant Santa could take the letter, she thought it meant that Santa could take the cookies and milk, and so left the letter, resulting in tears the next morning.:(

But that was soon remedied by opening the stockings...

and then I carried on the tradition that my parents started with me-everyone had to get dressed and eat breakfast before opening presents (no waiting until 8:00 yet)


It was pretty good.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Glad you're back and it sounds like you guys had a nice Christmas and a nice New Year! : )