So son has a new, big bicycle. He got it earlier in the summer from his cousin (I love hand-me-downs!)who used it while he was in grade 1 to grade 5ish (he's now in grade 6). Anyway, it's a little big. He decided to start riding it about 3 weeks ago. He's also started to come and meet me at the station on his bike, by himself, which is scary enough given the things that have been in the news lately. He came to meet me on the first day-I was so surprised. I saw a kid on a big bike but didn't think that was my kid. Then I realized who it was and was really surprised to see him there, and see his face cause there was blood on it! He fell while trying a hill, I guess. A little bit of blood was coming from his nose and he had hit his cheek, too. That was on a Tuesday.
Thursday he came to meet me. Friday he came to meet me. Again, blood on his lip. This time it wasn't the bike but the pool-he was walking and fell down and smacked his mouth on the ladder, I think. He split open his lip and hit his front tooth, actually got his gum. I remember how my mom doesn't like to see blood and I can understand it so much more now-don't mind my own but when it's my kid's...I guess I feel bad. The first night I was at a loss of what to do for him-can he eat? Do I have to mush up all of his food? I think that night he didn't eat much but by the next day he ate normally. His lip gradually healed.
Last Friday I noticed that the tooth that got hit is a different color, so we went to the dentist on Saturday. They gave him an x-ray and basically said that we should just wait and see what will happen. I guess he hit the vein that brought oxygen to his tooth. It seems like nothing will be wrong with the next tooth but again, waiting to see what happens.
Not a very nice welcome home :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's horrible, poor your DS.
: ( And he's such a sweet wonderful thoughtful good kid! Man that's a real bummer Sheri. Question, did this happen to one of his baby teeth or was it a permanent one? I'm hoping you say it happened to one of his baby teeth, at least.
What a sweetheart! It`s so cute that he is meeting you....especially when he keeps getting hurt doing it. Poor H! I hope the tooth is a baby tooth too.
Wow, that was fast, ladies! Yes, fortunately it is at least a baby tooth. He said that it's sensitive. Tonight he said that he hurt but I think that is from having a screaming tantrum this morning and gritting his teeth in anger :)
Poor H.He is going through the wars! So so sweet that he comes and collects you but I can well understand your worries....
He has a bit of bump on his lip too, what a brave fella.
Post a Comment