Haven't written in a while, I know. Lots of thoughts rumbling around in my head about what to write but just haven't had the chance lately. The kids had mid-terms so I thought that work would be a little easy but it ended up not being the case. One of my coworkers had to fly back to Canada briefly, leaving me with all of the marking. All of the marking of the writing tests-so I ended up marking over 80 essays, and of course it had to be done quickly because we had to get the tests back to the kids immediately. It ended up taking lots of time as my days were interrupted by speaking tests, too-we had to interview about 20 kids each day and mark those tests immediately, before we forgot things. Anyway, got them done. Now I'm trying to get used to my new schedule, new since April but with lots of events happening in April and May, we didn't have full classes until June. Now we have full classes and the final exams are at the end of the month, so I have to make another test! Never ends.
Some things amusing me lately:
Been listening to lots of Tom Waits again. The song Big in Japan just makes me laugh, cause of the song and because I take it literally- he sings I'm big in Japan. It's like my own private joke (because I feel big in Japan.)
Bought a pair of gauchos last weekend. Gauchos!! Ok, the name alone makes me laugh but also the fact that they are popular again...I don't know, I think it's funny.
Enough for now, just wanted to get back in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gauchos, I *love* gauchos, they're hot! : D I've got a jean pair, an army green pair and a black pair. Definitely makes it a nice alternative to regular capris, ha ha ha. Though, I still like capris too. I'm also sorta digging on...bermuda length shorts right now too. : ) Glad you posted!!! : )
*You* feel big in Japan? You're teeny! I am a whale though!
I love Tom Waits. Strangely, I never got into him until I moved here, but now there's not a song of his I don't love.
Post a Comment