Oh boy has it ever been a long time since I last wrote here. Of course I went to Canada and had a great time there. The flying part of it was not the best time for me or the little guy, but we managed.
But Hiroki truly surprised me in Canada as I expected him to be shy and clingy. He wasn’t at all. He soaked up all of the attention he got from everyone. He had so much fun and he was so much fun! And on top of that, he spoke to everyone (except me) in English. And he mostly understood what everyone was saying to him in English, too. It was so cool. I am so glad that we had a chance to go and see everyone and so glad that Hiroki can remember who his relatives are now.
When we got back, we were busy with the New Year’s celebrations going on here. The 1st of Jan we had all of Hiroki’s cousins and aunts and uncles in Japan over, as well as hubby’s aunt, uncle, cousins and spouses and their 4 kids. It was a little busy.
New Year’s celebrations last for about 3 or 4 days here, so we had something to do everyday. Then we went to Yokohama and Tokyo to meet some friends (hi Tigermama!) and hang out a little.
Back to school-it was so fast! Time at school here has been short, too, as I have been going to elementary schools, kindergartens, and taking time off due to someone being sick. (I had a sinus infection, MIL has had a bad cold for a long time, and now Hiroki has got a really nasty cold and fever, poor guy.) So I have had little computer time. (I haven’t checked my mail for a very long time!)
This last couple of weeks I have been making frogs with my grade 7 students. Of course, I can’t just make them with one class, I have to make them with all of the classes-6!) The grade 7s are still pretty new to English and don’t feel confident when they get told that they are going to make cookies from my all English recipe and all English instructions. Hee hee.
I feel bad for them, though, because the cooking room at the school has got to be one of the coldest rooms in the school! And to top it all off, they have to wash their dishes in the cold water (no hot water taps in most public places in Japan, including schools!). Their hands get so red from washing the dishes in the cold water, and drying the dishes doesn’t work well either.
Anyway, I have to go and teach again soon, and then I’m taking the afternoon off to take the little guy back to the doctor. Hopefully it won’t take too long this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How`s ds? I hope he has recovered fully. It was great to meet you and I hope we have another chance in the not-too-distant future. Take care!
Lovely to hear your news and what a busy time you've been having!Hope Hiroki feels better soon.These winter colds and coughs seem to take ages to clear up.
Thanks both of you for stopping by and commenting. Hiroki is slowly getting better. Hope all is well with you and your families!
Hope things are going well with you, Sheri. Glad to hear you had a good trip to Canada.
Post a Comment