Saturday, December 10, 2005

Again

it's been too long between posts and I have a whole litany of excuses but anyway. I can't really hook up to the internet at work anymore so I thought I was so clever the other day when I typed it on word, saved it on to a floppy disk and brought it home only to remember THEN that I don't have a floppy disk drive. Of course, was my most profound writing in my life, ha ha.
Hiroki is doing well. I am trying to teach him that he can't ALWAYS get something, for example, when we go out shopping, so lately I have been tlling him that Christmas is coming and that he has to wait until then for something. So now he has a Christmas list. It's pretty funny. He wants (obvious ones) anything to do with trains or bullet trains. But some of his other choices are funny-like berries. Yes, berries. Not to eat or anything, he just likes round things, especially small round things. Berries, seeds from fruits, stuff like that he'll carry around all day, and want to sleep with them at night, only to wake up in the middle of the night to ask me where it is. We've gone to sleep with unripe mini tomatoes, because he loves green. Thankfully they've never squished! Other kids sleep with teddy bears, but not my kid. He sleeps with whatever strikes his fancy that day. Trains (big hard metal ones) books about trains, papers, pamphlets, ads of trains, the aforementioned berries, or anything round, and tonight he said he wanted to sleep with a huge bucket of Duplo blocks. I told him no way and we comprised on just some of the blocks (the ones used to make a train!) Anyway, back to his x-mas list - tonight he was remembering when we went camping this summer. Apparently the bunk bed ladders made quite an impression on him because he wants me to buy him a BIG ladder. Uh, yeah, I'll get right on that. I can't remember the rest of his list but it's all stuff like that.
I, on the other hand, am not so well. I have caught a cold 3 times this month (I don't even know how that's possible!) And last weekend I got me a big ass bruise, uh, well on my big ass. I was going down the stairs and slipped, taking the fast way down. Between that and coughing, my ribs on 1 side aren't terribly pleased with me.
Anyway, please take a look at this documentary. It's pretty funny (and lengthy! 8 min-but worth it!)
Good night!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

No, he doesn't. If you could bring some allergy medicine (Reactine or Claritin) I'd be pretty happy!