Saturday, November 12, 2005

long time no post

Well, I haven't been very good at updating, even tho there's so many things I have wanted to say. I wanted to talk about so many things, like the still moving fish that my mother-in-law ended up ordering at a restaurant, thankfully it was her and not me, I couldn't possibly have eaten it. Also, I wanted to talk about how I'm reading some English books to kids once a month now. I talked to somebody in the library in August about volunteering to read Eng books to little kids. The librarian told me that some committee was taking care of it but that she would happily pass my name along to that committee. Someone phoned me later that week and said that they were interested but the head of the committee wanted to check me out first and that they would be meeting in September sometime and could I please come then. Okay. Sometime in October they give me a call and say they're meeting. So I show up to the meeting, and basically get ignored while they do their business. (A couple of members were saying that maybe they should talk to me first but the head decided that I would have to wait.) They talked to me a little bit and then say okay, get up and show us what you do. I was thinking a little notice would have been nice, but okay, whatever. Anyway, they decided that they liked me well enough to let me volunteer with them and now I'm a committee member! I did my first reading in October, and my second one today. I'm also doing something for the Christmas party, too. I will be reading something on the second Saturday of every month. (They put it in the local newspaper to get more people to come.)
Well, that's it for now.

4 comments:

Perogyo said...

Ha! So Japanese- Hurry up and wait! Remember to get the stamps from 14 different people, just so you can do a nice thing.
Sounds like a great thing you are doing!

Caro said...

Wow, you're quite an influence, they meet you and instantly you're a member of the committee! Let me know if there are any English books you'd like, but can't find there!

Caro

Caro said...

Sheri, of course I didn't send your birthday card in time. I can't keep track of days - the only thing I can keep track of is how old Ella is in weeks. I've told people the wrong date she was born... Hmmm, I thought your mind was supposed to come back after you had the baby... Anyways, the card is on the way. Hope you had a good birthday. I'm sure Hiroki gave you a BIG kiss!

caro

illahee said...

hey sheri, i'm waiting for an update! :DD i will be going to the US for a few weeks so i hope you have a happy new year!