Thursday, June 24, 2004

love hearing from you

Cool! Thanks for sending comments! It was great to hear from you....
I haven't added much lately as I haven't been in front of the computer at work all week. I was at two different elementary schools and a kindergarten. It was lots of fun. How can you not have with tons of screaming kids who are very happy to see you and who are learning the 5 little monkeys song? It was great!
I promise that I'll get some pics up just as soon as I figure out how to do it...It will take me awhile, as I have to figure out the blogger thing as well as the digital camera thing again. Not having a computer for a year made having a digital camera kind of pointless, so I have forgotten how to do all of that stuff. It doesn't help that the os on this computer is in Japanese.
Alot of the time I spend at work in front of the computer is actually me trying to get a look at what's happening in the news in other places. The news here covers what's going on here (in great detail!) but leaves a lot to be desired as far as what's happening every where else. I guess that's fair enough...most places I've lived have been like that. I don't know if you heard the news here about a month ago... a grade 6 female student was killed in school by her so called friend. Apparently they had a disagreement about their home page that they had made together. Her friend killed her with a box cutter/exacto knife. Their teacher noticed before the class was going to eat lunch that the 2 girls were missing, and when they found them, the one friend had slashed the other girl's throat. She apparently called her friend into the other room in order to kill her. It's still totally unbelievable to me.
Hiroki is doing so well. I think he hasn't got a cold right now, but that can change in a heartbeat...He seems to be having fun at daycare. Whenever I say something to him or sing him a song, he says, 'sensei' which means teacher in Japanese. He's saying that that's what happened at school today, or that that's what his teacher said. It's so cute. His teacher plays the organ and sings some songs to them, I guess around the time they are getting ready to eat. When he's at home and sitting at the table to eat, he pretends to play the organ and tries to sing a song. It's really funny. He makes lots of great faces now, too, I'll have to try and get them in pictures. Anyway, we're having fun.

2 comments:

Caro said...

I use Google News. You can choose a US edition, Canadian, British etc. Not too bad!

I also use the CBC one. You can get daily news stories sent to your email address - nationwide or even just Calgary...

Can't wait till you get some photos posted!

Caro

Sheri said...

Thanks for the suggestions of sites. I 'subscribe' to the cbc online, so I do get a look at that stuff. I'll have to try the other ones as well.