Lately I've read a lot of news in English about Japan and the Japanese government. And I've been feeling like things are getting tighter and stricter for foreigners. I have been extremely disappointed lately. I think it all started with the fingerprinting a couple of years ago. Then it was having our alien cards copied and sent in at our place of employment...our alien cards with all of our information on it-passport number, visa, address, nationality, etc. No word on how they will dispose of the information when they don't need it.
Then there was the passing of the bill/law lately-the one that says we have to report all of our changes at the immigration office, which could previously be done in our local city office. All of our changes means address, change of job, anything. It has to be done within a certain time frame or we can be penalized, like a $200 fine. I'm going to have to take time off work for that now. Oh, and not to mention that this has changed from the Ministry of Immigration to the Ministry of Justice for some unknown reason. Oh, and the bonus is that if someone thinks you haven't been behaving like you are married to your spouse (whatever that might mean!) in the last 6 months, they can cancel your spouse visa. Great, eh?
And now this
which says that unless you have national health insurance and pension, you can't get your visa renewed. If you read the article, you'll see that some people have been here for ages and weren't told about health insurance or don't want pension because when they leave Japan they can only get 3 years paid back to them. If they want to join national health insurance now, they have to back pay their insurance since they came here...ridiculous, really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew some of the information but you taught me some more- crap! crap! crap! That really is bullshit, we work hard, up the birth rate, they need us because too many kids want to be hairdressers, athletes and "talento's" yet they treat us like criminals. Grrrr.
Your son is growing so much- I couldn't believe it was the same little guy. Happy belated birthday to him.
Ooooh- a week alone. I hope you get more time for that, you work so hard and on your own. I do believe though having one child is more difficult as you are the only one around to entertain and so much is put into the one child.
Hope you feel revived and this get better now after you have had a bit of a break.
Thanks for commenting, Lily, grr is right. I'm wondering if the whole Nori-pi thing is a cover up for real news!
You may be right about the one child thing :) I hope your next one comes smoothly (and soon!)
Thanks for the birthday wishes, too!
Post a Comment