Sunday, May 06, 2007

let's hear about the boy!

Just realized that I didn't say much about the little guy in my last post. He is getting used to a new school, too. He is now in kindergarten. I think he likes it. He doesn't say that he doesn't want to go nearly ass much as he used to when he was in daycare. I think it's because of a couple of things-age-he's able to make friends and play with other people more now, and also because of the time he is there. His grandmother goes to get him around 2:00 instead of 4:30, so he spends less time there. When he comes home he usually plays around here or goes to a friend's house to play. I think he really enjoys this.

What is catching up with him, though, is the amount of sleep that he's getting. No longer taking naps (woo hoo!) he gets tired earlier but doesn't always get to bed early enough, usually resulting a minor meltdown on same of these days. Which usually means with me. He is fine til I get home and then it's time to eat and boom, that's it. He's tired and needs to be held and fed and he has fallen asleep this way many times. We're all still adjusting.

Here are a couple pics of him with his special Children's Day stuff that his grandmother set up for him.



That's really it for now. I'll update again when I can.
PS Don't know why he's making funny faces!

4 comments:

Sarah@mommyinjapan said...

My daughter started 1st grade this year so I let her stop taking naps. Usually around 6:30 or 7 she gets so cranky. A few days she's sat on the couch and cried indignantly in my direction. I'll be glad when her body adjusts to her new schedule.

On the upside, she goes to bed at 8 without complaint!!

jean said...

Wow, that's quite the set of armour!

Hope your ankle is healing well.

Gina said...

I'm so glad to hear, he's getting used to his new school! : )

Andrea said...

OMG that is a beauitful boys day set!!!!!!