for anybody who has to cut my hair. I so do not like getting my hair cut. I guess it's not so much the cut part as the what they do with it afterwards. (OK, the cut part is important too) I went yesterday and got my hair cut. I'm trying to grow out my hair (after a couple of cuts I did not like at all) so I have been avoiding getting it cut, but it had just gotten too big and heavy to do anything with, so I decided to bite the bullet and just go. I don't know what it's like in Canada, but here they like to thin out your hair or put layers in that just made my hair look weird. It also doesn't help that no matter what I do with my hair, the bottom part just ends up flipping out. I do not know when this started or where it came from, but that's what it has become.
Anyway, yesterday, the hairdresser and I talked about thinning out my hair to make it lighter. I nodded in agreement, but just like other times when they have brought out their special scissors to do the trick, I could feel the anxiety starting in the bottom of my stomach. I kept telling myself to keep calm and plastered my best fake smile on. After leaving a substantial amount of hair on the floor, I was brought back to the sink to wash my hair again (get rid of all of the hairs that had been cut). Ok. Then back to the chair for drying. I don't remember what it's like in Canada (I usually don't get that far, I think, I tend to tell them that I'll style it at home.) but here they like to blow dry the shit out of your hair. She's drying and drying (and drying and drying!) my hair and the whole time it is getting frizzier and frizzier. This is always the worst part of the haircut for me. They dry my hair, leave it hanging in my face and it always looks so weird to me that I usually end up sitting on my hands to try not to touch my hair (put it behind my ears, whatever!) The hairdresser yesterday decided to use a straightening iron on my hair next. I was thinking-too much heat from hair dryer=frizzy hair so add more heat??? But it didn't look as bad as I thought. And then, like every other time, I just lose it and put my hair behind my ears (which really seems to bother most hairdressers or maybe I'm too sensitive?)
By this time I am soooo antsy and just want to get the hell out of there when she brings out the scissors again! I was not happy. When it was over, I practically ran out of the shop, found the first bathroom and wet my hair.
But, in the end, I think she did a good job. (I don't have to tie my hair back anymore) and even tho she thinned it out alot, it doesn't look weird like it has before (or maybe I've just gotten used to the weird flip it does?)
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Carolyn, who had a baby girl (Ella Fern) on Sept 13. I expect we won't be hearing too much from you for a while!
Love Sheri xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment